- 1 UPSC Indian Statistical Service Syllabus 2016 and Exam Pattern
- 2 UPSC IES/ISS Notification
- 3 Info About UPSC – upsc.gov.in
- 4 Details about IES/ISS UPSC Exam 2016
- 5 UPSC Indian Statistical Service Exam Pattern 2016
- 6 UPSC ISS Syllabus 2016 – Indian Statistical Services – ISS Exam
- 6.1 UPSC Indian Statistical Service – General English Syllabus
- 6.2 UPSC Indian Statistical Service – General Studies Syllabus
- 6.3 UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics I Syllabus
- 6.4 UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics II Syllabus
- 6.5 UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics III Syllabus
- 6.6 UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics IV Syllabus
- 6.7 Direct link for UPSC Indian Statistical Service Syllabus
UPSC Indian Statistical Service Syllabus 2016 and Exam Pattern
UPSC Indian Statistical Service Syllabus 2016 is available for download on ur website. Applicants who are going to attend for the Indian Statistical Service Exam will be searching for the UPSC ISS Syllabus 2016. Skilled Aspirants who are eagerly waiting for the UPSC Indian Statistical Service Syllabus can view the syllabus here to prepare well for their examination. Detailed UPSC IES/ISS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2016 is available here for the applicants. Job Seekers who are interested in working for Government Jobs can apply for this exam in Online mode. The direct link and download option for UPSC ISS Syllabus are available below for the better convenience of the aspirants. Candidates prepare well and All the Best for your preparation. 🙂
UPSC IES/ISS Notification
Union Public Service Commission has released a notice with Advertisement NO.03/2016-IES/ISS for Indian Statistical Service & Indian Statistical Service Examination. UPSC IES Recruitment Notification is issued to fill 15 approximate number of vacancies in Junior Time Scale of Indian Statistical Service & 13 vacancies in Indian Statistical Service. Every year UPSC conducts recruitment process for various posts & jobs. Eligible candidates can apply for UPSC Exam from the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Instructions for filling up the Online Application form are available on the above-mentioned website. Aspirants can apply through Online mode on or before the last date. The last date to apply for UPSC IES/ISS Exam is 12th February 2016.
Info About UPSC – upsc.gov.in
Union Public Service Commission is abbreviated as UPSC. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is one of the many constitutional bodies in India. The Union Public Service Commission has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. It is established on 1st October 1926. UPSC is a Central Agency authorized to conduct competitive examinations and interviews for the recruitment of Civil Services, Defence Services and various exams like Exam, IES, IFS, CDS, NDA, INA, SCRA, CAPF, etc. under the Union Government or Central Government. Its Headquarters is located in New Delhi. UPSC Official Website is www.upsc.gov.in.
Details about IES/ISS UPSC Exam 2016
Name of the Conducting Organization: Union Public Service Commission.
Name of the Exam: UPSC Indian Statistical Service Exam.
Last date to apply: 12th February 2016.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC Indian Statistical Service Exam Pattern 2016
Detailed UPSC ISS Exam Pattern is given here for the guidance of the candidates. The examination will be conducted according to the following scheme:
- Part-I is a Written Examination, which consists of 1000 marks with six subjects.
- Part-II is Viva-Voce consisting of maximum 200 marks.
|1.||General English||100 Marks||3 Hours|
|2.||General Studies||100 Marks||3 Hours|
|3.||Statistics-I (Objective)||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|4.||Statistics-II (Objective)||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|5.||Statistics-III (Subjective)||200 Marks||3 Hours|
|6.||Statistics-IV (Subjective)||200 Marks||3 Hours|
- The Written Exam consists of 6 papers.
- The Papers General English & General Studies are of Subjective Type.
- The Papers Statistics I & II will be of Objective Type Questions (80 questions with maximum marks of 200 in each paper) to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- The Papers Statistics III & IV will be of Descriptive Type having Short Answer/ Small Problems Questions (50%) and Long Answer and Comprehension problem questions (50%].
- All the papers will be of Essay type except Statistics Paper-I & Statistics Paper-II.
- The question papers will be set in English only.
- Candidates who get qualified in the Written test will be called for Viva-Voce.
UPSC ISS Syllabus 2016 – Indian Statistical Services – ISS Exam
UPSC Indian Statistical Service Syllabus is given here for various subjects. The Standard of Papers for General English & General Studies will be a graduate of an Indian University. The Standard of Papers in other subjects will be that of Master’s degree examination of an Indian University. Detailed UPSC ISS Syllabus is provided in the Pdf attached below for download.
UPSC Indian Statistical Service – General English Syllabus
Candidates will be required to write an essay in English. Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Passages will usually be set for summary or precis.
UPSC Indian Statistical Service – General Studies Syllabus
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study 10 of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of nature which a candidate should be able to answer without special study.
- History – India.
- Culture & Heritage.
- Geography – India.
- Statistical Scene.
- General Polity.
- Indian Constitution.
- Scientific Research.
- Current Events – International & National etc.
UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics I Syllabus
- Statistical Methods.
- Numerical Analysis.
- Finite differences of different orders.
- The concept of interpolation and extrapolation.
- Inverse interpolation.
- Numerical differentiation.
- Computer application and Data Processing.
- Basics of Computer.
- Basics of Programming.
UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics II Syllabus
- Linear Models.
- Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing.
- Characteristics of the good estimator.
- Hypothesis testing.
- Official Statistics.
- National Statistical Organization.
- National Accounts.
UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics III Syllabus
- Sampling Techniques.
- Applied Statistics.
- Index Numbers.
- Time Series Analysis.
UPSC Indian Statistical Service – Statistics IV Syllabus
(Equal number of questions i.e. 50% weight age from all the subsections below and candidates have to choose any two subsections & answer)
- Operations Research and Reliability.
- Demography and Vital Statistics.
- Survival Analysis and Clinical Trial.
- Quality Control.
- Multivariate Analysis.
- Design and Analysis of Experiments.
- Computing with C and R.
Click below to view UPSC ISS Syllabus, Previous Papers.
Please contact for Government job updates through WhatsApp first save this number as Govrecruitment and ask queries alerts +917842332266.
386 total views, 1 views today