UPSC IES Exam Syllabus 2017 and Exam pattern are available here to download for free. Applicants those who have applied for UPSC IES Examination 2017 can download the UPSC Engineering Services Exam Syllabus and Exam pattern in a pdf format. Union Public Service Selection Commission has issued an advt for 440 Engineering Services vacancies. For more Latest Govt Jobs Notifications, exam pattern & Syllabus, and Previous papers updates refer our website regularly.
- 1 UPSC IES Exam Syllabus 2017
- 1.1 UPSC IES Exam 2016 – Brief Details
- 1.2 UPSC Engineering Services Exam Syllabus | UPSC IES Exam Pattern 2017
- 1.3 UPSC ESE Exam Syllabus 2017
- 1.3.1 IES Exam Syllabus for General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
- 1.3.2 UPSC IES Exam 2017 Syllabus for Civil
- 1.3.3 Engineering Services Exam 2017 Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
- 1.3.4 UPSC ESE Exam Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- 1.3.5 IES-ESE 2017 Syllabus for Electronics & Communication Engineering
- 1.4 Download UPSC IES Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017 Pdf
UPSC IES Exam Syllabus 2017
Union Public Service Commission has selected the candidates by conducting the written test. Interested aspirants can also refer the UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in for more updates. Here we have also updated the UPSC IES Exam Previous Papers along with the UPSC IES Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
UPSC IES Exam 2016 – Brief Details
Organization Name: Union Public ServiceCommission (UPSC)
Name of the Exam: Engineering Services Examination 2017.
Total No of Posts: 440 Posts.
Job Location: All Over India.
Application Mode: Online.
Job Category: Central Government Job.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC Engineering Services Exam Syllabus | UPSC IES Exam Pattern 2017
The Syllabus & Exam Pattern of UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2017 has clearly explained in below table.
|Stage – I (Preliminary Test)||Papers (Objective type)||Test Duration||Total Marks|
|Paper I (Common to all)||General Studies & Engineering Aptitude||2 Hours||200|
|Paper II||Specific Engineering subjects||3 Hours||300|
|Stage I Total||500|
|Stage II (Mains Exam)||Subjective Papers|
|Engineering Paper I||3 Hours||300|
|Engineering Paper II||3 Hours||300|
|Stage II Total||600|
|Stage I + II Total||1100|
|Stage III||Personality Test||200|
UPSC ESE Exam Syllabus 2017
IES Exam Syllabus for General Studies and Engineering Aptitude
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.
- Current issues of national & international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development.
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety.
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.
- Basics of Energy and Environment : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment.
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services.
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering.
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, egovernance, and technology-based education.
- Basics of Project Management.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession
UPSC IES Exam 2017 Syllabus for Civil
- Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis.
- Civil Engineering Materials and Construction.
- Concrete Technology.
- Steel Structures.
- Reinforced Concrete Structures.
- PSC Structures.
- Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Hydraulic Structures.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Bridge Engineering.
- Estimation, Costing, and Specifications.
- Construction and Project Management.
- Environmental Studies etc.,
Engineering Services Exam 2017 Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
- Vector Calculus.
- The Strength of Materials.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning.
- The design of Machine Elements.
- Numerical Methods.
- Probability & Statistics.
- Differential Equations.
- Theory of Machines.
- Engineering Materials.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Tool Engineering.
- Operations Research.
- Joining Processes.
- Forming Processes.
- Metal Casting.
UPSC ESE Exam Syllabus for Electrical Engineering
- Basic Electrical Engineering Concepts.
- Network Theory.
- Utilization of Electrical Energy.
- AC Fundamentals.
- Measurement and measuring instruments.
- Power Electronics & Drives.
- Estimation and costing.
- Analog and Digital Electronics.
- Power Systems.
- Magnetic Circuit.
- Electrical Machines.
- Basic Electronics etc.
IES-ESE 2017 Syllabus for Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Analog Electronics.
- Basic Electronics/ Power Electronics.
- Digital Communications.
- Analog Communications.
- Circuit Theory/ Digital Electronics.
- Power Electronics & Drives.
- Measurement & Instrumentation.
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers.
- Industrial Electronics.
- Advanced Communications.
- Computer Hardware etc.
Download UPSC IES Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017 Pdf
Please contact for winGovt jobs job updates through WhatsApp first save this number as wingovtjobs and ask queries alerts +917842332266.
300 total views, 2 views today