UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus & Pattern for Preliminary & Mains Exam is here. Check the IAS Union Public Service Commission CSP Civil Services Examination Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern given below clearly for the guidance of the candidates.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus & IAS Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to appear for the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2016 will be surfing the internet to get information related to UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus. Here, on our website we are providing the complete & best info regarding UPSCSyllabus, UPSC Exam Pattern & UPSC Previous Papers. Eligible & Interested candidates who are interested in working Central Government Jobs can apply for the UPSC Jobs by checking the eligibility criteria. The last date to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination 2016 is 27/05/2016. For more details check the official notification given below. Visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in for more details.
Bookmark our website for more information regarding Latest Employment News, Syllabus, Results, Admit Cards, Answer Keys, etc.
UPSC Prelims & Mains Examination Pattern
The Civil Services Examination will consist of Two successive stages.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
- Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
- The Preliminary Exam (Part-A) will consist of Two Papers of Objective Type(Multiple Choice Questions).
- It carries a maximum of 400 Marks in the subjects set out in sub-section (A) of Section-II.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks will be reduced.
- The Main Examination (Part-B) will consist of Written Examination & an Interview Test.
- The written exam will consist of 9 Papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in sub-section (B) of Section-II out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature.
- The Interview will carry 275 Marks.
Preliminary Examination Pattern
- The Examination shall comprise of Two compulsory Papers of 200 Marks each.
- The question papers will be of Objective Type.
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi & English.
- Each Paper will be of Two hours duration.
- The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services Preliminary Examination will be of qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
|Paper-I||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|2.||Paper-II||200 Marks||2 Hours|
Main Examination Pattern
- Each Paper will be of 3 Hours duration.
- The question paper will be set in English & Hindi only.
- For other details check the Official notification.
The written exam consists of the following papers:
|1.||Paper A||Indian Language (Qualifying)||300 Marks|
|2.||Paper B||English (Qualifying)||300 Marks|
|3.||Paper I||Essay||250 Marks|
|4.||Paper II||General Studies – I||250 Marks|
|5.||Paper III||General Studies – II||25o Marks|
|6.||Paper-IV||General Studies – III||250 Marks|
|7.||Paper V||General Studies – IV||250 Marks|
|8.||Paper VI||Optional Subject Paper 1||250 Marks|
|9.||Paper VII||Optional Subject Paper 2||250 Marks|
|Interview (Personality Test)||275 Marks|
|Grand Total||2025 Marks|
List of Optional Subjects is given below.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Civil Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical Science.
- Political Science and International Relations.
- Public Administration.
- Literature of any one of the following languages
(Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, English).
Details about UPSC Civil Services Examination Syllabus @ upsc.gov.in
Name of the Organization: Union Public Service Commission.
No of Vacancies: 1079 Posts.
Name of the Exam: Civil Services Examination.
Job Location: India.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Syllabus 2016
The UPSCSyllabus for Civil Services Examination is given here. Check the UPSC IAS Prelims & Mains Syllabus given here clearly for various papers. Follow the UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus thoroughly to prepare well for the UPSC Exam 2016.
- Current Events of national & international importance.
- History of India & Indian National Movement.
- Indian & World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic & Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving.
- General Mental Ability.
- Basic Numeracy.
Click below to download UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus for Prelims, Mains Exam along with optional subjects
Download Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Previous Papers
Check the UPSC Civil Services Exam Previous Papers to gain more information regarding Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Examination 2016. Download the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers from the link enclosed below. Aspirants can practice well with the help of UPSC IAS Sample Papers. We are providing all the related information about UPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus here along with the detailed UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern. Follow carefully the below steps to download UPSC Practice Papers.
Steps to download UPSC Civil Services Exam Model Papers
- Click the link given below as UPSC Previous Papers.
- Check the article thoroughly.
- View the UPSC Previous Year Question Papers given there.
- Download the Pdfs.
- Save the Pdfs & Use it for your future reference.
UPSC Civil Services Previous Papers
95 total views, 1 views today